
Last year our friend, Michelle, organized a local track meet to raise awareness about local health issues. Heart disease and diabetes are two that are of particular importance to her. We
didn't make it out to the meet last year, but had the chance to be part of this year's. I was really impressed with all the work that she went to, she had her whole family involved. It was quite a production.

Kids as young as 5 can participate, so we signed Adia up. She ran the 50m dash. I think she came in about 4th, which is actually good. She's got a bit of a competitive streak in her and we've been talking to her about someday she's going to have to deal with the fact that some kids will be faster than here. Well, "someday", ended up being Wednsday, and she was a great sport. I was really proud of her.

Natalie and I planned on "running" the mile, which was going to be the last event. While waiting for the mile, on a fluke I jumped in a joined the 100m dash. I'm not sure how I did, I had my head down the whole time, but Nat says I did pretty well. Thanks Nat. Nat was hoping to get below 12 minutes on the mile, she said she'd be really excited if she made it in under 10. Well, she blew those goals away. Her time ended up being 8:39. I don't know what mine was but I brought up the tail end. That I was still standing is all I care about. Overall it was a great time.

No comments:
Post a Comment