Friday, December 12, 2008

Short Update.

I know I don't post much right now, but thanks for checking in. I just want to say I'm thankful for all of my friends and family, this year especially. The last month or two has been a real study in life's contrasts. As one good thing happens, a painful one seems to happen at the same time. As we get a call of good news one moment, we also get a call for prayer the same day. It reminds me of how thankful I am to have Natalie and Adia for now. I am very aware of how quickly that could all change, even this week we have been witness to events in others' lives that bear that out.

One of my co-workers came to me this week with the news that his friend's three year old daughter was killed in an accident with a horse. He asked me what to do, what to say. I don't have answers for questions like that, I told him that sometimes it's all you can do to just be there with someone. I'm going to try to be more deliberate in how I spend my time with the ones I have. I think we tend to get a little sloppy after awhile with how we use our time. So, I'm thankful for the friends and family I have. Thanks for staying involved in our lives.

No comments: