Wednesday, February 13, 2008

On the road this week.


Well, it was a couple days ago now, but we made it. For those of you that don't know Bobby and I had to drive a couple semi's down to California for our big equipment show (World Ag Expo). We got in Saturday night.
We were supposed to get going, wheels rolling, at 5:00 am on Friday. It ended up being about 3:30 pm on Friday. We lost alot of time with last minute details. Many of the details could have been taken care of earlier and were just neglected, others were not so forseeable. Either way, we waited at the shop almost all day and got a late start. We drove from Sunnyiside to Bend, OR the first night. I really appreciated not being the lead driver, Bobby's taken the drive before and I could just focus on his tail lights and go. We got into Bend late, had some dinner, got a room, slept about 5 hours and were back on the road again by 5:00 am Saturday.
We crossed into California at 8:35 am on Saturday. We didn't get into Tulare until 11 hours later. We didn't stop driving for a combined hour on Saturday, that was a long day. It really wasn't that bad, until we had to joing I-5 near Sacremento. The freeway through that area is just evil. We were joking that it's surprising we have any teeth left after that ride, we go slammed by pot holes, bumps, grooved pavement, and bridge transitions constantly. I had the back tires of my semi airborne a couple times. When we got back over on Hwy 99 things smoothed out again.
But, we're here, we made it. We'll make the return trip starting on Friday. In the mean time, think about Natalie and Adia at home, we all miss each other. I actually missed Adia's real birthday yesterday, I'll also miss Valentine's Day tomorrow. They have some neat plans though for the big V-day, I think they'll have fun. Talk to you all later.

No comments: