
A little about work. I'm not a work-a-holic, and work is not my life, I love my family and I'd prefer to have an 8-5 job that puts me home the same time everyday. But sometimes that just doesn't pan out. I'm writing now because I'm thankful I think I'm almost to the end of a very chaotic 6 months. It's a little encouraging to see the end of the tunnel (I hope) and that gets me thinking about things I haven't had time to do. So, if your interested, here's what's been going on...
- Coworker Jack N was diagnosed with cancer in late summer of 2010. Very key employee with very key knowledge, it's been hard/impossible to fill his shoes. He had the last of his chemo/radiation combo treatments a couple weeks ago, hoping to see him soon.
- It's been rough business since 2008, besides the recession our industry was hit with high corn prices and low milk prices, read "less capitol for my customers". Less capitol = no machine purchases.
- Had a very close employee / friend (tricky combination) quit a couple weeks ago with no notice, no gripe, no explanation. Very odd, he was a supervisor and a great painter, two things difficult to train up.
- My dad always warned us "Working with family is not easy", although he's right, there are things about it that are rewarding too, it keeps things interesting.
- Aksel has figured out where Daddy goes every day and has taken a liking to the shop. He knows where we keep the party balloons and helium.
- Adia knows enough about what I do to be thoroughly convinced I can fix "anything", I'll try ;)
Please pray for Jack, it's been difficult to watch him go through the cancer treatments, he could use more help than he'll ask for. He's kept his chin up the whole time and been a great example, but I just know it's taken a real big toll on him. Hopefully some things will happen in the short term that will make life just a little less chaotic.
I also found out last week I don't have to attend our annual trade show down in Tulare, CA (http://www.worldagexpo.com/). Which means I won't have to miss Adia's birthday, Aksel's birthday, or Valentine's this year. My family get's me all to themselves.

No comments:
Post a Comment