Goodness it's been awhile since I posted. I have now been joined in my posting pursuits by my lovely assistant (and wife). Please see her note below about our recently memorialized pet Emma. I started this blog over a year ago with notes about how I was trying to get my Class B CDL, which I need for work. Well, I tried and failed, twice, last year. A year came and went with still no license. I knew I needed it before February (I have to help drive for a big equipment show). One big change though, it wasn't going to be feasible to try for the "B" license (straight truck / think bus or garbage truck), I had to get my "A" license (tractor trailer combination, think Big Rig) to be any help. This requirement has been causing me stress for over a year straight, sometimes to the point of getting sick. Almost every day I have either reminded myself or been reminded by others that I still do not have a CDL (of any flavor). Well as of today it's all over ! I have passed all three of my written exams and most importantly of all, can you say MIRACLE, I passed my driving test today. Anyone that tells you it's easy is either out of their mind, got their license so long ago the test consisted of simply spelling the word T-R-U-C-K, or may in fact be a certifiable GENIUS. Either way, I'm done, done, done. Now having said that, I make no gaurantee that if you ride with me you won't need severe dental work after our outing ( my shifting sounds like a dull rock crusher hard at work). The shifting will improve, at least I hope so. I think having this off my shoulders will really allow me to be able to both enjoy life more and concentrate better on other things that need to b
e done.

2 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Laurie and Alan :)
Congrats! I bet that feels good to finally be over with it!
Post a Comment