There is no neat and tidy way to say what's happened the last three weeks so I'll just lay out the facts. First, I apologize that this post is not so sweet and soft as what I wish I had to share.
A friend and neighbor of ours has been murdered. She was a divorcee with three kids, 26 years old, very full of life, extremely independent, and special. Nat and she had become quick friends, they had shared some experiences that are uncommon to most of the rest of us, and that really bonded them together. Pray, please and here's how.
1) Pray for her Mother taking care of the kids, custody will be a tricky issue. Pray for her strength.
2) Pray for the three kids. We love them dearly, they are close friends with Adia, we see them all the time. They need to be reminded the rest of their lives how much their mother loved them.
3) Pray that the police catch the person responsible. Quickly.
4) Pray that the church body around here would pull together and create a safe and supportive structure for the rest of her family.
5) If you think about it, pray for us. Her passing is hard for us. Nat was up all night, scared. I've been in a bit of a bad way about it too.
Also, I haven't told Adia yet, probably going to tonight, not at all sure how to do it. Pray it goes well, if that's even possible.
Thanks to all of you for checking in here. You all mean so much to us.
S, N, A
Finding the Rhythm
-
What is life shaping up like, as I settle into life here? Well, a list of
tasks for completing my time with Wycliffe and a few other things. Lots of
bik...
8 years ago

3 comments:
We're so sorry to hear about this. We will pray for all involved Silas and Natalie. Gosh, what a harsh world we live in...We'll pray that our Heavenly Father will be a comfort to everyone involved.
Laurie and Alan
That's just awful.
We will be praying for the kids, the family and for you and your family also.
Thank you for letting us know so we can pray!
Silas & Natalie, We are very saddened by the death of your friend. Life is so fleeting, isn't it. That is why make the most of the time we have.
We'll pray for your friend family and for the other request you have
Post a Comment